We are looking for a Controller with ambition!
Who is FleuraMetz worldwide?
FleuraMetz is a multinational organization with headquarters in the Netherlands and a pioneer in the wholesale market for cut flowers. Our leading position is achieved through effective integration of sales, logistics and purchasing. FleuraMetz supplies over 40,000 florists in Europe, North America, Asia and Australia. A unique market position, successful business concepts and the positive drive of our 1,500 employees have grown sales to over USD 450 million. The transition from traditional wholesale company to the renowned e-commerce organization in our industry helps us to achieve our goals.
Chain integration is a hot item; FleuraMetz has been managing this for years with its own broad purchasing organization, own transport and logistics, own Cash & Carry's and other business Lines. A critical success factor is the centralized management of the entire process in the Netherlands in combination with a properly decentralized organization. Our strong growth in existing and new countries puts increasing demands on the finance and control organization. FleuraMetz still has an SME character and its informal culture, but at the same time we are strongly professionalized, and we are dealing with all the financial and economic aspects of a multinational.
Our activities in the US
FleuraMetz USA LLC (USA)was founded in 2003 and currently supplies over 1,000 florists in several states from our Distribution Center in Rochelle Park (NJ), and since 2012 through 5 Cash & Carry selling locations in Boston, Los Angeles, New York City, Chicago and Dallas. This network is growing steadily with average one new location per year.
In October 2014, the 100% subsidiary Pinnacle Flowers LLC (PIN) started another location in Miami, importing from South America and primarily selling and shipping to third party wholesalers throughout the USA. Pinnacle is growing also due to local acquisition in 2018.
We implemented our successful business model and established the necessary customer base in the US. We are now ready for further expansion and expect a similar growth in the US as we have experienced in Europe. The annual sales-base currently is around USD 30 million and our strategy is an ambitious but realistic growth to USD 60 million in the next few years.
Given our current size and planned growth, it is time to continue professionalizing internally. Therefore we are looking for a bright, enthusiastic person in the role of controller to join our team and to accommodate our ambitions!
What are your responsibilities?
- You will be responsible for all accounting, HR, tax & legal issues for USA and PIN from our location in the Queens borough of New York City.
- As our local US Controller you supervise and manage our accounting teams in both New York City and Miami, in total currently 7 persons.
- You will become our main contact person to tax-advisors, bank-relations, tax-authorities, custom- and insurance brokers etc.
- You will report directly to the Group Controller, who is responsible for the central controlling department of the FleuraMetz group.
- You are responsible for all tax returns, payroll, monthly- and year-closing for which you cooperate with our central controlling department. The base material will be created by your local accountants of USA and PIN. For more complex tax and year closing issues, we use support from our external tax advisors/auditors.
- Within FleuraMetz, all entities perform standardized month-closing procedures, with predefined reports and strict deadlines. Intercompany-positions are checked at the end of each month with regard to month closing and monthly internal consolidation of group accounts.
- Your function requires regular contacts with (foreign) group-management and especially your various administrative colleagues at other FleuraMetz companies worldwide. Besides the regular contacts you will have, every two years you will come over to Europe and meet your international accounting colleagues to discuss all kinds of topics related to your daily job and cooperation.
- You will also cooperate with the commercial teams in our selling locations mentioned previously, to ensure that they can work not only in an efficient and successful way, but also compliant with the relevant tax-rules and other legislation. This will require flexibility and interest in travelling to locations where we need support or improvements.
- Part of the FleuraMetz success is the use of IT. In this field, there is a high degree of integration with other companies within the group. We use many interfaces, also for proper and efficient booking in our financial administrations. Currently the IT-solutions in the North America are partially different from the centralized group-solution. We will implement (parts of) the centralized group-solution in USA and Canada. We expect you to actively participate in the IT-implementations. You are our main contact for our internal centralized IT-departments in both the Netherlands and Germany.
Who are you?
- Your education is a Bachelor's degree or comparable degree.
- You have got at least three to five years of relevant working experience.
- You have the ambition and drive to grow in and with the organization.
- This job requires that you have proper education and working-experience on all relevant accounting-, tax- and controlling issues. You are our internal expert for the US.
- You are experienced in the processes of tax returns, payroll, monthly- and year-closing.
- With your professionalism and experience, you are able to identify and recognize all kinds of risks that could harm our business and activities. You have a positive contribution to deal with this by suggesting solutions and introducing internal control procedures.
- You have got experience with tax-advisors, bank-relations, tax-authorities, custom- and insurance brokers etc.
- The intensive use of IT requires that you have a corresponding feeling with and interest in IT in general.
- You master the English language in word and writing in a good way. Control of the Spanish language is a nice thing to have.
- You are a bright and enthusiastic professional, eager to contribute to our further growth, at the same time making sure that we grow in a responsible and compliant way.
- You have a pro-active attitude. You recognize opportunities and threats and are a self-starter to act on these.
- You have a strong personality and are part of our management team.
- You are able to understand and discuss complex issues internally and with the relevant external authorities. At the same time you are able to communicate more basic procedures with our commercial teams, effectively convincing them to make changes where necessary.
Are you looking for?
- The challenge to be the new central point of contact within a leading, flowering and growing international company, engaged in to develop itself into a full-fledged multinational,
- A working environment in which 'take responsibility and progress with a human touch' is the starting point and characterized by a lively and open no-nonsense culture, entrepreneurship and clear objectives,
- Capable, enthusiastic and motivated colleagues to work together in an informal atmosphere, Successful, Together?
Then we invite you to apply! Apply directly via the apply button at our website or send an email containing your motivated cover letter and resume to Louis Brackel (#mail1#). Louis Brackel is our external recruitment agent for this position. For questions regarding this position you can contact Paul Stigter, our FleuraMetz controller responsible for North America. He can be reached at +31(0)174 747 512 or at #mail2#.