The strategic management and decision making of the FleuraMetz Group is in the hands of the board of directors. The board supervises the Executive Team. The Executive Team has a policy preparative task and is in charge of the daily management of the FleuraMetz Group.
Board of Directors
Frank Koenen (chairman), Gerko Schortemeijer, Martin Vered, Casper de Groot.
Frank Koenen (CEO): Florist divisions 1 and 2 - Sourcing Plants – XL Flor Westland – Procoflora - Kurt Schrama – Holland Indoor Plants – DGI – HasfarmFleuraMetz.
Casper de Groot (CFO): Finances – Fiscal matters – Legal affairs.
Gerko Schortemeijer (CCO): Internal logistics – Transport - XL Flor Aalsmeer - Sourcing Netherlands - Sourcing Africa - Sourcing Italy – Retail – Flower Centre Aalsmeer (BCA).
Martin Vered (CCO): Florist divisions 3 – 4-Attention – 4-Bulk - Sourcing South and North America.
Caroline van den Broek (Director HR): Human Resources.
Nancy van Kleef-van Duijvenbode (Director Marketing): Marketing – Communications - Customer Services - Corporate Social Responsibility – Retail.
Herman Raué (Director Data & IT): Information Technology – Scrum Teams - Project Management - Business Control - HasfarmFleuraMetz.
Four geographically assigned florist divisions
- Thomas Berthold and Peter de Jong are responsible for the division focusing on Germany, Austria, the Czech Republic, Switzerland and The Netherlands.
- Sylvia van Paassen and Thierry Louveau look after the florist division serving France, Italy and Spain.
- Martin Vered is in charge of the countries Australia, Canada, Denmark, Ireland, the UK and the US.
- Together with our partner Hasfarm we supply the floriculture industry in China from Shanghai under the label HasfarmFleuraMetz.
Specialised business divisions
These divisions specialise in serving e.g. import companies, e-commerce businesses, hotel chains, cruise lines, garden centres and colleague-exporters.
- Kurt Schrama, under the management of Louis Altena and Rob Schelling, delivers tailored products to large customers in Europe and Asia.
- Large flower customers in Europe are served by XL Flor Aalsmeer, under the management of Vincent Mostert.
- Large European plant customers are supplied by XL Flor Westland lead by Alex van Staalduinen.
- Holland Indoor Plants, overseen by Ben and Leo Lamboo, delivers flowers and plants to large accounts in Europe
- Marius Dekker is responsible for DGI, which serves retail businesses in Europe and other trading companies worldwide.
- 4-Attention specialises in sundries and packaging supervised by Gijs Noort.
- 4-Bulk specialises in the sourcing of floristry and home & garden products from the far east.
- Large accounts in North America are supplied from Miami by our daughter company Pinnacle Flowers. Our overseeing persons there are Mike Anzalone and Ross Weisberg.
- Pinnacle Australia focuses on large customers in Australia and New Zealand under the management of Bas Kamp.
Purchasing flowers & plants
Purchasing Director Danny van Bergen Henegouwen is responsible for the purchasing of cut flowers in The Netherlands. The plant departments are coordinated by commercial director Ard Wubben.
FleuraMetz has two head offices in The Netherlands: FleuraMetz Aalsmeer and FleuraMetz Naaldwijk. Our Sanremo branch in Italy is led by Hans Westerman, the manager for FleuraMetz South America is Victor van Dijk, who operates from our office in Quito (Ecuador). Manager Paulesca Zee is based in Nairobi (Kenya) and looks after FleuraMetz Africa. Roel Haenen is the person in charge in Herongen (Germany).
In addition to the branches above and our Cash & Carry's we also have offices in Hannover (Germany), Hyères (France), Miami (Florida), Nantes (France), New York City (New York) and Shanghai (China).
FleuraMetz employs approximately 1500 people. Its annual turnover is about 450 million Euro.