The Board of Directors is responsible for strategic direction and decision-making. The Board directs the Executive Team. The Executive Team is charged with preparing policy, and is responsible for day-to-day management of FleuraMetz.
Board of Directors
Frank Koenen (chair), Gerko Schortemeijer, Martin Vered, Casper de Groot.
Frank Koenen (CEO): Internal logistics - Transport - Sourcing Plants - XL Flor Westland - Procoflora - Sales Florists - Kurt Schrama - Holland Indoor Plants.
Casper de Groot (CFO): Finance - Tax issues - Legal issues.
Gerko Schortemeijer (CCO): Sales Florists - XL Flor Aalsmeer - Baltus Export - Sourcing Netherlands, Italy, Africa.
Martin Vered (CCO) -Sales Florists - 4-Attention - Sourcing Latin America and North America.
Caroline van den Broek (HR Director): Human Resources.
Nancy van Kleef-van Duijvenbode (Marketing Director): Marketing - Communications - Customer Services - Corporate Social Responsibility.
Herman Raué (Data & IT Director): Information technology - Scrum Teams - Project Management - Business Control.
Three florist divisions organised geographically
- Gerko Schortemeijer leads the division which concentrates on Germany, Austria, the Czech Republic, Switzerland and the Netherlands.
- Marco Kouwenhoven is commercial director of the florist division serving France, Italy and Spain.
- Martin Vered directs operations in Australia, Canada, Denmark, Ireland, the United Kingdom and the United States.
Specialised business units for Large Accounts
These units serve Large Accounts, such as importers, internet companies, hotel chains, cruise companies, garden centres and fellow exporters.
- Kurt Schrama, who reports to Louis Altena and Rob Schelling, provides tailor-made solutions for large customers in Europe and Asia.
- Large flower customers in Europe are supplied by XL Flor Aalsmeer, which is led by Vincent Mostert.
- Baltus Export is managed by Bert and Paul Baltus.
- Large European plant customers, under the direction of Alex van Staalduinen, are served by XL Flor Westland.
- 4-Attention, which specialises in accessories and packaging materials, is headed by Gijs Noort.
- The large accounts in North America are operated from Miami by our subsidiary Pinnacle Flowers. The contacts there are Mike Anzalone and Ross Weisberg.
- Pinnacle Australia focuses on large customers in Australia and New Zealand under the leadership of Bas Kamp.
Flower & plant purchasing
Cut flower purchasing in the Netherlands is headed by purchasing manager Danny van Bergen Henegouwen. The plant departments are coordinated by plant commercial director Ard Wubben.
FleuraMetz has two head offices in the Netherlands: FleuraMetz Aalsmeer and FleuraMetz Naaldwijk. Our branch in Sanremo, Italy is headed by Hans Westerman. FleuraMetz South America is managed by Victor van Dijk, who works from our office in Quito, Ecuador. In Africa, FleuraMetz’s operations are managed by Paulesca Zee from Nairobi, Kenya. Roel Haenen is the head in Herongen, Germany.
In addition to the above branches and our cash & carry branches, we also operate branches in Hannover (Germany), Hyères (France), Miami (Florida), Nantes (France), and New York City (New York).